Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cheap Eats: Walter's Pizzeria

If you find yourself in the Uptown neighborhood in need of a great lunch special, look no further than Walter's Pizzeria.
I joined my friend and fellow lunch-special enthusiast, Drew, here for lunch today, and I must say it's one of the best lunch deals I've found!  For just $5.99, you can get a fountain drink, house salad, and "slice" of cheese pizza (and by "slice", I mean a quarter of the pizza).
The restaurant sits on the corner of 19th and Pearl, with great patio space and indoor tables.
The house salad comes with your choice of dressing, and is pretty large!  I couldn't finish it, as I would much rather stuff my face with greasy pizza than a healthy salad.
I got a slice of cheese, and Drew sprung for some meatballs on top for a whopping $.50 extra.  The pizza was really good, and had a nice thin, flakey crust.
Still hungry?  You can get a cookie the size of your face for $.99.  Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the cookies are really big, and looked delicious!  I decided to control my inner fat kid and skipped dessert... this time.
Check it out and let me know what you think!  Have any other great lunch spots for cheap?  I'd love your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment